Can you play on the beach?

Yes, but a special permit from the State of Hawaii is required to perform any professional function on public beaches. Your wedding coordinator can handle all the permitting details. If you are planning your own event, contact the Department of Land and Natural Resources. Because the fines are exorbitant, I will not perform for events that do not have a permit.  I require a copy of the permit at least 2 weeks before your event, at the same time the 2nd-half payment is due. Processing time for obtaining permits can vary so please make your request well in advance.

 Application for beach wedding permit:

Department of Land and Natural Resources, Kalanimoku Building1151 Punchbowl St., Honolulu, HI 96813, (808) 587-0400,

More information about beach permits: